TEXAS ELECTRICITY PROVIDER - DEREGULATION
GDF SUEZ Energy Resources NA was licensed by the Public Utility Commission of Texas as a competitive, commercial electricity supplier in October of 2002. Currently, we are providing service to commercial and industrial customers in ERCOT (Electric Reliability Council of Texas) in the following utility regions:
- CenterPoint Energy
- AEP Texas Central
- AEP Texas North
- Texas-New Mexico Power Company
However, these customers are still eligible to choose a competitive supplier such as GDF SUEZ Energy Resources for the energy portion of their bill. Transmission and Distribution (T&D) services will continue to be provided to all customers by Transmission and Distribution Service Providers (TDSPs).
What happens when a Texas buyer chooses a new electricity supplier?
- The new supplier notifies the old supplier and utility that you have changed suppliers.
- The new supplier transmits utility account information to the utility in order to enroll you as a customer.
- The utility confirms, by letter to you, of your new supplier selection and the date your new service begins.
- The actual change of supplier occurs on the meter reading date following a successful enrollment.
For more on the history, structure and future of Texas’ deregulated electricity market, visit the Public Utility Commission of Texas.